Beef Tenderloin Lollipops Recipe
Bite-sized beef cubes are easy to pop in your mouth as you mingle at parties. The sweet caramelized onion and salty blue cheese add unforgettable taste.
- 3 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in oil and 1 tablespoon butter until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut roast into 1-1/2-in. cubes; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef in batches in remaining butter.
- 3. Transfer beef to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; top with onions and blue cheese. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Insert skewers into appetizers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 100 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC