Beef Tenderloin in Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2/3 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil and 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove to a serving platter; keep warm.
- To pan juices, add the mushrooms, onions and remaining butter; saute until vegetables are tender. Add the flour, salt and pepper; gradually stir in broth until smooth. Add browning sauce if desired. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Tenderloin in Mushroom Sauce
Sort By :
This is gourmet good, and so simple! I can't count the number of times I have prepared this.
My 8 yr old daughter loves this receipe. It's the only way she will eat steak.
I made this for an early Valentine's dinner for my husband of 25+ years and it was delicious! I did use part water and part red cooking wine and added extra mushrooms and green onions. This will definitely be a go-to recipe for special occasions. Will try with broth next time because I think I will like it even better!
delicious!!! my husband loved it and he want me to make it again.
I used red wine as suggested by a previous post. This was delicious and very simple to make. Enjoyed!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >