Beef Taco Quiche Recipe
Chock-full of ground beef, cheddar cheese, onion and green pepper, this swift south-of-the-border bake is guaranteed to liven up any meal. Just ask Mary Johnston, who serves the zippy dish at her Wasilla, Alaska home.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and taco seasoning over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spread into a 9-in. greased pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and milk. Pour over the cheese. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC