Chock-full of ground beef, cheddar cheese, onion and green pepper, this swift south-of-the-border bake is guaranteed to liven up any meal. Just ask Mary Johnston, who serves the zippy dish at her Wasilla, Alaska home.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and taco seasoning over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spread into a 9-in. greased pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and milk. Pour over the cheese. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Taco Quiche in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p54
Reviews for Beef Taco Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review