- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, taco seasoning and pepper. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix just until combined; pour over cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beef Taco Pie
Sort By :
"Wanted something new, easy to make and very enjoyable!"
"I have made this recipe many times. It is always excellent!"
"I used this as a base. I mixed enchilada sauce with the hamburger, added a can of beans, and a cup of cooked noodles. This recipe is very versatile so can design it any way you want. It's also super easy. Thank you!"
"So good will be making this quite often, thank you."
"This was very good and easy to make. Could have used a little more salsa but i will just add more next time. Also to make it do a little further i add one can of whole white potatos that i just mushed up with clean hands right into the mixture. No one even noticed. Very much a stand by."