Beef Taco Pie
In Interlaken, New York, Shelly Winkleblack combines taco fixings with biscuit mix to create this zippy main-dish pie. "You can make it as mild or as hot as you'd like," she notes. "It goes well with a tossed salad."
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Bisquick® mix
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, taco seasoning and
- pepper. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix just until
- combined; pour over cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or
- until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 332 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.