In Interlaken, New York, Shelly Winkleblack combines taco fixings with biscuit mix to create this zippy main-dish pie. "You can make it as mild or as hot as you'd like," she notes. "It goes well with a tossed salad."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, taco seasoning and pepper. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix just until combined; pour over cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Taco Pie in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p49
Reviews for Beef Taco Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review