- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Additional marinara or spaghetti sauce
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottom of each with a sharp knife to allow zucchini to sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells.
- Place shells in an ungreased 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the marinara sauce, egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup into each shell. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted into filling reads 160° and zucchini are tender. Serve with additional marinara sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Beef-Stuffed Zucchini
Sort By :
"This was good. I chopped up the scooped out zucchini as others did, and put it in with the "meat" mixture (I used Morning Star Crumbles). One recommendation, I would salt the zucchini next time before filling it."
"Unbelievable! These are so amazing! I will be making these for years to come!"
"Very good! I did half with spaghetti sauce and half with BBQ sauce. Both just as good. I added the chopped up pulp to the meat mixture."
"This was great and quick! We Did the final melt out on the grill to prevent warming up the house. Already shared with coworkers and friends!"
"this recipe didnt tell you what to do with the pulp...... so i added it to the ground beef and sauted it a little made it so much better"