- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup marinara or Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Additional marinara or Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottom of each with a sharp knife to allow zucchini to sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells.
- Place shells in an ungreased 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the marinara sauce, egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup into each shell. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted into filling reads 160° and zucchini are tender. Serve with additional marinara sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Beef-Stuffed Zucchini
Sort By :
"We really enjoyed this recipe."
"This was a fun recipe. Seasoning the zucchini as suggested by another reviewer probably would have improved the flavor - the meat sauce and cheese were good and went well together though."
"Excellent. Can be made in quantity & frozen. Really Good"
"easy to prepare. Taste fresh and delicious. I decided to bake instead of microwave and it turned out great. Even my 3 year old twins loved it."
"A bit bland. But my 3 year old finally ate zuchhini so that is a plus. The overall mixture was bland and a bit sweet. In my second batch I sprinkled zucchini with sea salt which helped improve the flavor. Too much microwaving - overcooked zucchini. I think baking may be a nice option - will try once more before I give up on this one."