- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Additional marinara or spaghetti sauce
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottom of each with a sharp knife to allow zucchini to sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells.
- Place shells in an ungreased 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the marinara sauce, egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup into each shell. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted into filling reads 160° and zucchini are tender. Serve with additional marinara sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Beef-Stuffed Zucchini
Sort By :
This recipe is easy and pretty good. I have trouble using up zucchini and this recipe does the trick. Used bertolli garlic and oil sauce and served with garlic toast. Will make again.
Our garden is full of zucchini so I am always looking for new recipes. Even my grandchildren liked this one. I only had HUGE zucchinis, but it worked well. I cut it in half length-wise, scooped out the middle and then cut it in serving-size sections.
I used chopped turkey instead of ground turkey. Any leftover meat would do.
BBQ sauce worked great!!
I used ground turkey and they were very good.
This was reallay quick and good. I cooked the pulp and added back in to meat mixure
This was kind of bland to us. Next time, I'll use half burger and half Italian sausage.