Beef Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice off the bottoms so they sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells. Place zucchini shells in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Fill each zucchini shell with 2 tablespoons meat mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 236 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.