Beef Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe
If you’re looking for yet another way to serve zucchini, try this flavorful entree from Michael Weaver of Norman, Oklahoma. “I received this recipe from a friend at work,” he writes. “His wife fixes it for him, and he says it’s his favorite. It’s great when you have extra squash and don’t know what to do with it.”
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice off the bottoms so they sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells. Place zucchini shells in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Fill each zucchini shell with 2 tablespoons meat mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 236 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Beef Stuffed Zucchini Boats
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC