Beef-Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 portion Ground Beef Mix, thawed
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups (6 to 8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Spread about 1 cup of spaghetti sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Fill shells with beef mix; place in pan. Top with the remaining spaghetti sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Beef-Stuffed Shells
"I add sweet italian sausage and shrimp I have cut up with my ground beef. I also add diced onions as well. You just have to make your own combinations of what you want to put into the shell. Mines turns out great every time ."
"I agree with the individual that stated they were sorry they wasted ingredients. I have been cooking for over 20 years and I have never had any trouble with a recipe. However that was until I tried this one, family hated it, the meat mixture tasted horrible and it took approximately an additional hour to cook the meat thoroughly, a far cry from the 30 min bake time stated"
"my whole family loved this. the same size is great for young ones."
"Family loved it!"
"http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Ground-Beef-Mixhttp://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Meatballs-with-Gravy-2http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Bacon-Meat-Loafthese are the recipes you make with it!!"
"http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Ground-Beef-Mix this also makes meatballs with gravy and bacon meatloaf. You make the meat mixture and freeze it raw! Make sure you thaw it out completely before use!"
"I've developed my own "beef stuffed shells" - I brown the meat with onions, italian seasonings & any other season you prefer, I then add ricotta cheese & shredded mozzarella and/or shredded provolone cheese & mix well while meat is still warm. Stuff your shells with the beef, place in a baking dish with your favorite spaghetti sauce, top each shell with sauce, sprinkle the entire dish with shredded mozzarella & bake. These are so good, the beef will just melt in your mouth & the shells stay tender."
"I made this was not that great.My family did not like at all.Sorry I wasted my ingredients."
"looks like raw because of the last line about meat no longer being pink."
"Does the ground beef mix go in raw or is it cooked before the shells are stuffed?"