This is a stuffed potato with a twist. Teenagers like the flavor the green chilies and cheese add.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell; place pulp in a bowl. Add sour cream, chilies, butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and chili powder; mash or beat. Stir in meat mixture until combined. Stuff into potato shells.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef-Stuffed Potatoes in Country February/March 2003, p51
Reviews for Beef-Stuffed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2016
"I've heard stuffed potatoes were really good but I've never tried them until this recipe. I was quite impressed at how delicious they were. They were also super simple to put together."