This is a stuffed potato with a twist. Teenagers like the flavor the green chilies and cheese add.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell; place pulp in a bowl. Add sour cream, chilies, butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and chili powder; mash or beat. Stir in meat mixture until combined. Stuff into potato shells.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef-Stuffed Potatoes in Country February/March 2003, p51
Reviews for Beef-Stuffed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review