Use a container of Amie's beef mix and your microwave oven to make this main dish in minutes. Green peppers are stuffed with the ground beef blend, tomato sauce, rice and seasonings.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 portion Basic Beef Starter, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium green pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the beef starter, rice, tomato sauce, basil and
- pepper. Cut tops off green peppers and remove seeds. Spoon 1 cup of
- beef mixture into each pepper.
- Place in a 10-in. round microwave-safe dish. Cover loosely; cook on
- high for 7-9 minutes or until peppers are tender, rotating a half
- turn once. Let stand, covered, for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings.