Beef Stuffed Peppers with Cheese Topping Recipe
I used to bake for a restaurant, so I have lots of experience and enjoy being in the kitchen. Raisins add a touch of sweetness to the mild cheese sauce over these stuffed peppers.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 medium sweet red or green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 thin slices onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds. In a large saucepan, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the raisins, salt and pepper. Place pepper halves in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spoon meat mixture into peppers.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Pour over peppers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 573 calories, 34 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC