Beef Stuffed Peppers with Cheese Topping Recipe
- 2 medium sweet red or green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 thin slices onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds. In a large saucepan, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the raisins, salt and pepper. Place pepper halves in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spoon meat mixture into peppers.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Pour over peppers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 573 calories, 34g fat (20g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Beef Stuffed Peppers with Cheese Topping
"Doubled this recipe worked fine. I cut the tops off of 4 red and yellow peppers and scooped out the seeds. Doubling the cheese sauce made plenty of it. We like spicy food so cayenne pepper was added to the ground beef as it simmered. All in all it wasn't a bad dish, messy, but good."