I used to bake for a restaurant, so I have lots of experience and enjoy being in the kitchen. Raisins add a touch of sweetness to the mild cheese sauce over these stuffed peppers.
- 2 medium sweet red or green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 thin slices onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds. In a large saucepan, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the raisins, salt and pepper. Place pepper halves in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spoon meat mixture into peppers.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Pour over peppers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Beef Stuffed Peppers in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p145
Reviews for Beef Stuffed Peppers with Cheese Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review