Beef Stuffed Manicotti Recipe
- 4 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. Cook manicotti according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, oregano and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add 1/2 cup cheese; stir until melted.
- 2. Stuff half meat mixture into manicotti shells; arrange in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spoon remaining meat mixture over shells.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 533 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1264mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for Beef Stuffed Manicotti
"I omit the bell pepper and add a tsp. of crushed garlic and a little salt to the meat mixture."
"I've made this dish many times. My husband and I really enjoy it. Let the meat mixture cool a good bit before stuffing the manicotti shells or you'll end up with burnt fingers!"