When I bought a 25-year-old cookbook at an auction, I found this gem inside. I think you'll make it again and again, as I do.
- 4 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook manicotti according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, oregano and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add 1/2 cup cheese; stir until melted.
- Stuff half meat mixture into manicotti shells; arrange in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spoon remaining meat mixture over shells.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Manicotti in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p134
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef Stuffed Manicotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review