- 4 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook manicotti according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, oregano and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add 1/2 cup cheese; stir until melted.
- Stuff half meat mixture into manicotti shells; arrange in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spoon remaining meat mixture over shells.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Beef Stuffed Manicotti
Sort By :
I omit the bell pepper and add a tsp. of crushed garlic and a little salt to the meat mixture.
I've made this dish many times. My husband and I really enjoy it. Let the meat mixture cool a good bit before stuffing the manicotti shells or you'll end up with burnt fingers!