Beef-Stuffed French Bread
"My husband, David, loves the tasty Beef-Stuffed French Bread. Its cheesy filling goes together in a jiffy.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 unsliced loaf French bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices process American cheese, halved
- Cut off top of bread. Carefully hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving a
- 1/2-in. shell. Cut removed bread into small cubes; set aside. In a
- skillet, brown beef; drain. Add soup, green pepper, celery,
- Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the reserved bread cubes. Spread into bread shell. Top with
- cheese. Replace bread top. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake
- at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4