Beef-Stuffed Crescents Recipe
My family loves these hearty appetizers year-round...not just during the Christmas season. —Alene Knesel, Northome, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:32 servings
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash sugar
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, pickle relish, salt, chili powder, pepper and sugar; set aside.
- 2. Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles. Cut each in half lengthwise, forming two triangles. Place 1 tablespoon beef mixture along the wide end of each triangle; carefully roll up.
- 3. Place point side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 32 appetizers.
1 serving equals 86 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC