- 2 bone-in beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 to 3 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 18 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons each shredded fat-free cheddar cheese, fat-free sour cream and salsa
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown roast in oil; drain. Add water, onion, garlic, oregano, seasoning and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roasts; cool. Remove meat from bone and cut into bite-size pieces. Skim fat from pan juices. Add tomatoes and chilies; mix well. Add meat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Combine flour and cold water until smooth. Stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add pepper sauce. Spoon down the center of tortillas; fold top and bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with cheese, sour cream and salsa. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Beef Burritos in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p131
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Stuffed Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Burritos >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >