- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 envelope ranch dip mix
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 loaf (about 8 ounces) French bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, cook beef, mushrooms, pepper and onion over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in dip mix and sour cream.
- Cut French bread horizontally in half; place halves on a baking sheet, cut side up. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from broiler.
- Spoon beef mixture over bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly browned. To serve, cut each into three pieces. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Stroganoff Sandwiches
"We really enjoyed this meal. I was low on sour cream, so I added a couple of spoons of cream cheese to make up the difference. Tasted great, so I think I'll add the cream cheese everytime I make this recipe. So glad I gave this one a try!"
"My whole family loved these!! The only difficult part was that the meat kept falling off the bread. Next time we make them, I'm going to scoop out the bread."
"These were a big hit with the family! I even had extended family over so this can feed a crowd. Super quick and easy to put together and will be a regular on my menu from now on."