Beef Stroganoff Sandwich Recipe
This filling sandwich was a winner in our local beef cook-off several years ago. It's always been one of my favorites.—Julie Terstriep, Industry, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread
- Butter, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Add salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- 2. Cut bread lengthwise in half; butter both halves and place on baking sheets. Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in sour cream. Spoon onto the bread. Sprinkle with tomatoes, green pepper and cheese.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted (bake longer for crispier bread). Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC