Beef Stroganoff Sandwich
This filling sandwich was a winner in our local beef cook-off several years ago. It's always been one of my favorites.Julie Terstriep, Industry, Illinois
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread
- Butter, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Add salt, garlic
- powder and pepper.
- Cut bread lengthwise in half; butter both halves and place on baking
- sheets. Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in sour cream. Spoon
- onto the bread. Sprinkle with tomatoes, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted (bake
- longer for crispier bread). Yield: 8-10 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.