- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread
- Butter, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Add salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cut bread lengthwise in half; butter both halves and place on baking sheets. Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in sour cream. Spoon onto the bread. Sprinkle with tomatoes, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted (bake longer for crispier bread). Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Stroganoff Sandwich
Sort By :
My Aunt and I are "the chiefs" I our famil. We're always trying to find and imress each other with Great tasting receipes. I discovered this one when it first came out years ago and made it for my Aunt and Uncle for a dinner when they came in to visit us. It was a hit and very delicious I put it in my "Receipe file box" where it will stay permentaly. This is really good ya'll. Try it and see for yourself!
Whole family enjoys!
This is a real simple but satisfying meal! My kids ask for it all the time.
These were really great tasting. I love stroganoff and this really hit the spot!
Left out the green bell pepper added mushroom