Beef Stroganoff Sandwich Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread
- Butter, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Add salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cut bread lengthwise in half; butter both halves and place on baking sheets. Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in sour cream. Spoon onto the bread. Sprinkle with tomatoes, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted (bake longer for crispier bread). Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Stroganoff Sandwich(6)
Sort By :
These were really great tasting. I love stroganoff and this really hit the spot!
Left out the green bell pepper added mushroom
My Family loves this!
I halved the recipe on everything except the bread. It made a nice large serving for 4. It will be added as a nice family favorite. I added canned mushrooms on half, it was great.
We made this awhile ago and my family loved it.It was delicious.Thanx for putting this recipe on here.