Beef Stroganoff Melt Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salt, garlic powder and pepper. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream
- 2. Cut French bread in half lengthwise. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread butter over cut halves; top with meat mixture and half of the cheese.
- 3. Arrange green pepper and tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 665 calories, 37 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 899 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Beef Stroganoff Melt
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.