Beef Stroganoff Melt Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salt, garlic powder and pepper. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream
- 2. Cut French bread in half lengthwise. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread butter over cut halves; top with meat mixture and half of the cheese.
- 3. Arrange green pepper and tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 665 calories, 37g fat (22g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 899mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for Beef Stroganoff Melt
"My husband and I love this recipe. There are a few downsides though: a) it's a bit messy to eat b) it doesn't keep/reheat"
"We loved this! What a great idea - thanks!"
"My family really enjoyed this. We used whole wheat baguettes and only made half the filling. It was excellent. Next time I think I will add more mushrooms and some basil. This is a keeper."
"very filling - easy to make lowfat - whole family really enjoys it"
"This recipe turned out great! I used venison instead of hamburger, took away the pepper and sprinkled basil on top. It turned out yum. The basil went well with the swiss cheese and the tomato."
"Very good. Its a nice change from pasta"
"Yummy and different!!!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.