Beef Stroganoff Meatballs Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix well. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in 3 tablespoons flour and salt until blended. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Combine sour cream and remaining flour until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Add meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 455 calories, 30 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 159 mg cholesterol, 944 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.