Beef Strip Vegetable Stir-Fry
This recipe is loaded with fresh veggies, and makes a frequent appearance at my table. You can replacement beef with chicken, fish or even tofu.—Betsy Larimer, Somerset, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a large bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons soy sauce until
- smooth. Add beef; stir to coat.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the green peppers and onions in
- oil for 3 minutes; add beef. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add
- mushrooms. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are
- tender and meat is no longer pink. Stir in remaining soy sauce.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 254 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 658 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a