Beef Strip Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons soy sauce until smooth. Add beef; stir to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the green peppers and onions in oil for 3 minutes; add beef. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink. Stir in remaining soy sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 254 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 658 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Beef Strip Vegetable Stir-Fry
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.