This recipe is loaded with fresh veggies, and makes a frequent appearance at my table. You can replacement beef with chicken, fish or even tofu.—Betsy Larimer, Somerset, Pennsylvania
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a large bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons soy sauce until smooth. Add beef; stir to coat.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the green peppers and onions in oil for 3 minutes; add beef. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink. Stir in remaining soy sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Beef Vegetable Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p14
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef Strip Vegetable Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review