Beef Strip Salad Recipe
- 1/2 pound beef tenderloin
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup torn leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cool for 10 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Thinly slice the beef; place in a small bowl. Add the onion, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Divide lettuce between two salad plates; top with beef mixture, green pepper, pimientos and olives. Combine sour cream and lemon juice; serve with salad. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 251 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Beef Strip Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.