Beef Stir-Fry Salad Main Dish Recipe
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, washed and crisped
- 1 beef flank steak (1 to 1-1/4 pounds) or tender beef steak of your choice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut in small wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1. Arrange a lettuce leaf on each dinner plate. Cut steak in half lengthwise, then cut across the grain into 1/8-in. slices.
- 2. In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef, basil, garlic and pepper. Stir-fry just until meat loses pink color, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the tomatoes, green pepper and green onions; toss lightly.
- 3. Transfer beef and vegetables to dinner plates; top with sour cream and parsley. Garnish with avocado. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 373 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Beef Stir-Fry Salad Main Dish
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.