Beef Stir-Fry on a Stick
A thick Asian sauce coats these tender beef and veggie kabobs that are served over rice. They’re loaded with flavor and always a hit. —Gwendolyn Lambert, Frisco City, Alabama
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups large fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Hot cooked rice
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, water, oil, soy
- sauce, garlic and pepper flakes.
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the
- broccoli, squash, red pepper and beef. Grill, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or
- until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender,
- basting occasionally with glaze. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon,