"With tender beef, vegetables and a hint of citrus, this mouthwatering stir-fry is a special meal just for me"—Joelle Silva, Fair Oaks, California.
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. In another bowl, combine cornstarch and sugar; gradually stir in cold water, vinegar and bouillon until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink. Remove and set aside. Add vegetables, onion and garlic to skillet; stir-fry until crisp-tender. Stir bouillon mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to pan; cook until vegetables are tender and beef is heated through. Stir in orange peel. Serve over rice. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Beef Stir-Fry for One in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p11
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Stir-Fry for One
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review