- and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 1 hour.
- Add carrots and onion. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes longer or until
- vegetables are tender. Stir in green beans.
- For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and cheese. Stir in enough milk to
- form a soft dough. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cover
- and simmer for 10-12 minutes (do not lift cover) or until a
- toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 441 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 1,627 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.