- stir into skillet. Add bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine the remaining flour and water until smooth; gradually stir
- into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened and bubbly. Discard bay leaf. Stir in potatoes, carrots
- and parsley. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- On a floured surface, roll out pastry to fit dish. Place over
- filling; flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 425° for 25-30
- minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes. Yield: 4-6
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.