Beef Steaks With Blue Cheese
My guests often ask for this winning recipe and are surprised at how simple it is to prepare.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place meat on broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-8
- minutes on each side or until meat is browned and cooked to desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the blue cheese and butter; set aside.
- In a skillet, saute bread cubes in oil until golden brown. Sprinkle
- with Parmesan cheese. Top steaks with blue cheese mixture and
- sprinkle with croutons; broil 1 minute longer or until cheese is
- slightly melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.