- 1 pound beef Bottom Round Steaks, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced sodium black beans, rinsed, drained, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas (5-6 inch diameter), warmed
- Thinly sliced lettuce, sliced avocado, chopped tomato, salsa, crumbled queso fresco and cilantro leaves (optional)
- Combine 1/2 cup salsa, chili powder and 1 teaspoon cumin. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Combine 1 cup beans, remaining 1/2 cup salsa and 1/2 teaspoon cumin in medium microwave-safe bowl. Mash with fork into chunky paste. Cover and microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until hot, stirring once. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Cooking in batches, place steaks in skillet (do not overcrowd) and cook 2 to 3 minutes for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning once. (Do not overcook.) Remove steaks from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining steaks and oil.
- Spread bean mixture evenly on tortillas. Cut steaks into 4 pieces each and divide evenly among tortillas. Top beef with remaining beans and Toppings, as desired. Fold tortillas in half to serve. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Beef Steak and Black Bean Soft Tacos in The Beef Checkoff 2014
Reviews for Beef Steak and Black Bean Soft Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 14, 2014
Great recipe and flavor