Beef Squash Shish Kabobs Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, ground mustard and ground ginger
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into four wedges, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, mustard and ginger. Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag; add 1/2 cup marinade. Seal bag and toss to coat. Place zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper and onion if desired in another resealable plastic bag; add remaining marinade and toss to coat. Refrigerate beef and vegetables for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
2 kabobs equals 346 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 2,466 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.