- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, ground mustard and ground ginger
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into four wedges, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, mustard and ginger. Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag; add 1/2 cup marinade. Seal bag and toss to coat. Place zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper and onion if desired in another resealable plastic bag; add remaining marinade and toss to coat. Refrigerate beef and vegetables for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sirloin Squash Shish Kabobs in Cooking for 2 Newsletter 2010
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Squash Shish Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2014
I also added a couple of Tbs of brandy and used chicken rather than beef. It was delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Kabobs >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilled Zucchini >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >