Beef-Spinach Lattice Pie
My grandmother initially used this filling for her homemade ravioli. One day she decided to bake the leftover filling in a crust...and another family favorite was born!—Marjorie Goral, Ridgefield, Connecticut
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On a floured surface, roll out half of pastry to fit the bottom and
- two-thirds up the sides of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Line
- ungreased dish with pastry. In a bowl, combine remaining
- ingredients. Spoon over crust. Roll out remaining pastry into a
- 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle; cut lengthwise into 3/4-in. strips. Place
- strips over the filling, forming a lattice crust. Press edges with a
- fork to seal. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until golden
- brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 524 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.