- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On a floured surface, roll out half of pastry to fit the bottom and two-thirds up the sides of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Line ungreased dish with pastry. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Spoon over crust. Roll out remaining pastry into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle; cut lengthwise into 3/4-in. strips. Place strips over the filling, forming a lattice crust. Press edges with a fork to seal. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Beef-Spinach Lattice Pie in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p265
Reviews for Beef-Spinach Lattice Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review