- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the mushrooms, salt, oregano and pepper. Add the spinach, soup and sour cream. Stir in half of the cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Beef Spinach Hot Dish
"I used 1# hot Italian Sausage instead of the beef. It was absolutely scrumptious!"
"This was good- we both liked it quite a bit! It was easy to make and the flavors blended together nicely."
"I really loved this dish. I made it with the turkey. My husband loved it too."
"I Absolutely Love This Recipe, It is a Hit everytime I make this at Home or For a Social Get Together!!"
"Good & gooey. May add in some noodles next time. Used mushroom soup & fresh sautéed mushrooms."