Need to feed a group? This easy sauce requires just minutes of preparation and simmers 'til supper time. It's shared by Kimberly Rockwell of Charlotte, North Carolina.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the mushrooms; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Spaghetti Sauce in Light & Tasty October 2005, p39
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef Spaghetti Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review