Beef Soup Spuds Recipe
Canned soup is the convenient base for this colorful tater topper. As the potatoes are baked in the microwave, the chunky soup—along with bright broccoli for color and flavor—is heated in a snap on the stovetop.—Joleen Jackson, Zumbrota, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 can (18.8 ounces) ready-to-serve chunky savory vegetable soup
- 2 cups cooked fresh broccoli florets
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- 1. Scrub and pierce the potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes on each side or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the soup, broccoli and pepper; cook until heated through. With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with soup mixture, cheese and onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 349 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 666 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC