Loellen Holley needs just a few canned goods to stir up this comforting microwave mixture. “I call this ‘throw-together soup‘,“ says the Topock, Arizona cook. “Serve it with a green salad and hot bread or rolls,“ she suggests. “You can also simmer this soup in a slow cooker.“
- 1 can (24 ounces) beef stew
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef Soup in a Hurry in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p29
Reviews for Beef Soup in a Hurry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2014
"I have made this several times. It is quick ,easy, and I have these items in my pantry already."
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2010
"Very quick and easy to put together. A hearty soup with lots of flavor. I cooked this on top of the stove instead of using the microwave."