Beef Skillet Supper Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) medium egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- 2. Drain the noodles; add to beef mixture. Stir in the corn, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 268 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 512mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Beef Skillet Supper
"very quick and easy to prepare, tastes just as good re-heated next day."
"This recipe seemed a bit bland when I read it. I added 1 tsp worchestershire sauce, some crushed red pepper flakes, 1 clove minced garlic, and a dash of garlic powder. I also cooked frozen corn in the microwave and added it, instead of using canned mexicorn. I topped it with Kraft Tex Mex cheese. It turned out delicious. I will definitely make this again with these modifications. Great recipe!"
"I MADE THIS RECIPE FOR MY SUPER PICKY HUSBAND AND HE LOVED IT ONLY THING I DID ALITTLE DIFFERENT WAS I USED A SPECIAL BLEND OF MEXICAN CHEESES INSTEAD OF THE CHEDDAR ALONE"
"i agree , i added some garlic and some italian seasoning and added fresh mushrooms instead of corn and used motz cheese because i had it on hand. was pretty good. served with garlic knots"
"Needs some flavor. Rather bland. Will make again and add additional spices."