Sometimes, I'll make extra to guarantee leftovers. It's a great take-along main dish for work or school. Trim calories from the entree by substituting ground turkey for the beef and low-fat cheese.—Tabitha Allen, Cypress, Texas
- 1 package (8 ounces) medium egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Drain the noodles; add to beef mixture. Stir in the corn, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Beef Skillet Supper in Country Woman November/December 2000, p39
Reviews for Beef Skillet Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review