Beef Sirloin Tip Roast Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. Place a large piece of heavy-duty foil (21-in. x 17-in.) in a shallow roasting pan. Place roast on foil. Pour 1 cup water and mushrooms over roast. Sprinkle with soup mix. Wrap foil around roast; seal tightly.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour drippings and mushrooms into a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with sliced beef. Yield: 10-12 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 156 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Beef Sirloin Tip Roast
"Cook for no more than 2 hours. Great flavor!"
"Should be cooked only one hour only.....geeze if I cooked it like it says it would be a waste."
"I used a 2 1/4 pound roast and cooked it for about 2 1/2 hours. It was a little dry (some of the fats and water leaked out of the foil), but still tasted quite good."
"I just tried this for the first time, and I'm not an experienced cook. It turned out pretty good, but I think I would like it with beef broth as someone suggested. Some garlic might add some flavor too."
"Do you have ANY idea what happens to a 3 pound sirloin tip roast when you cook it for 2 1/2 hours?! Let alone 3??? That thing is so overdone it becomes the consistency of shoe leather. I am writing this review to make sure NOBODY follows the cooking time for this. It should be cooked for ONE HOUR."
"I fixed this tonight for supper I thought it was so good. I will fix this again and would recommend this recipe to all of my family loved!"
"The best roast beef and gravy ever. I have been cooking for 50 years and still learning new ways to cook."
"Great recipe. I substituted beef broth for water and used fresh mushrooms. Very tasty with lots of gravy."
"Very good and simple. Would have been excellent if I had a 3 pounder, but I only had 2 lbs., cooked for 2 hours, that was too long. Will make this again, thanks for sharing."
"Very easy to make and very tasty!We found our 3 lb Roast only took 90 minutes to cook."
"Very easy and delicious."
"I love this recipe, so simple and tasty. I substitute fresh mushrooms for the canned and red wine for the water, I also use less soup mix, to cut out some sodium."