Beef Sirloin Tip Roast Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. Place a large piece of heavy-duty foil (21-in. x 17-in.) in a shallow roasting pan. Place roast on foil. Pour 1 cup water and mushrooms over roast. Sprinkle with soup mix. Wrap foil around roast; seal tightly.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour drippings and mushrooms into a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with sliced beef. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 156 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.