Beef Sirloin Tip Roast Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place a large piece of heavy-duty foil (21-in. x 17-in.) in a shallow roasting pan. Place roast on foil. Pour 1 cup water and mushrooms over roast. Sprinkle with soup mix. Wrap foil around roast; seal tightly.
- Bake at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour drippings and mushrooms into a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with sliced beef. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Sirloin Tip Roast(11)
Sort By :
I used a 2 1/4 pound roast and cooked it for about 2 1/2 hours. It was a little dry (some of the fats and water leaked out of the foil), but still tasted quite good.
I just tried this for the first time, and I'm not an experienced cook. It turned out pretty good, but I think I would like it with beef broth as someone suggested. Some garlic might add some flavor too.
Do you have ANY idea what happens to a 3 pound sirloin tip roast when you cook it for 2 1/2 hours?! Let alone 3??? That thing is so overdone it becomes the consistency of shoe leather. I am writing this review to make sure NOBODY follows the cooking time for this. It should be cooked for ONE HOUR.
I fixed this tonight for supper I thought it was so good. I will fix this again and would recommend this recipe to all of my family loved!
The best roast beef and gravy ever. I have been cooking for 50 years and still learning new ways to cook.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >