Beef Sirloin Tip Roast Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place a large piece of heavy-duty foil (21-in. x 17-in.) in a shallow roasting pan. Place roast on foil. Pour 1 cup water and mushrooms over roast. Sprinkle with soup mix. Wrap foil around roast; seal tightly.
- Bake at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour drippings and mushrooms into a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with sliced beef. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Sirloin Tip Roast(7)
Sort By :
The best roast beef and gravy ever. I have been cooking for 50 years and still learning new ways to cook.
Great recipe. I substituted beef broth for water and used fresh mushrooms. Very tasty with lots of gravy.
Very good and simple. Would have been excellent if I had a 3 pounder, but I only had 2 lbs., cooked for 2 hours, that was too long. Will make this again, thanks for sharing.
Very Easy to make and very tasty!
We found our 3 lb Roast only took 90 minutes to cook.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >