Beef Sirloin Kabobs with Roasted Red Pepper Dipping Sauce Recipe
Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
- 1-1/2 pounds beef Top Sirloin Steak boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons coarse grind black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed or 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and 3 cloves garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 2. Add red peppers, wine, tomato paste and thyme, stirring until tomato paste is blended. Combine broth and cornstarch in small bowl, mixing until smooth. Stir into pepper mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- 3. Meanwhile cut beef steak into 1-1/4 x 1-1/4 x 1-inch pieces. Combine pepper, salt, paprika and 1 clove garlic in large bowl. Add beef; toss to coat. Thread beef pieces evenly onto six 12-inch metal skewers, leaving small space between pieces.
- 4. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 5 to 7 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC